|MG A Roadster 1959|
The high performance twin cam model of the famous MGA was added to the range in 1958.
Available in both fixedhead and roadster versions, the new model could be visually identified by the fitment of knock-on Dunlop wheels and scuttle-mounted badges proclaiming 'Twin-Cam'. The new engine boasted a cross-flow cylinder head in aluminium alloy, larger SU carburettors and twin chain-driven overhead camshafts whist the displacement was increased to 1588cc, giving 108bhp at 6,700rpm and a top speed of 113mph allied to brisk acceleration. To cope with the increased performance, Dunlop disc brakes were fitted both front and rear. The model was universally popular with 2,111 made worldwide, most in lefthand drive format.