duminică, 24 aprilie 2016

Packard Eight Phaeton 1932 - World Of Classic Cars -

Packard Eight Phaeton 1932

Among the most desirable of the Ninth Series (1932) Packards is the four-passenger phaeton. The “Standard” Eight offered here from the Howard and Norma Weaver Collection notably retains its original vehicle number plate on the firewall, indicating that it is an original-bodied example that left the Packard factory as a phaeton in 1932. In a year when the Great Depression was rough on Packard sales, the car was not sold until May 19, 1933, when it found a new owner via Earle C. Anthony’s famous dealership in Los Angeles.
The car is believed to have remained in California for many years, and in the 1980s, it was owned by enthusiast Bob Gould. It was later acquired by the renowned Packard collector Ralph Marano of New Jersey and then passed into the hands of the late Jim Miller, an enthusiast from Ontario known for his keen eye for the finest original cars. Mr. Weaver purchased the Packard from Mr. Miller in 1999, and it has remained a favorite in the collection ever since. Its badge number 2155 identifies it as a CCCA National Senior Award winner, and the car was reportedly featured in the Michigan region CCCA magazine Torque.
Packard Eight Phaeton 1932

The Packard is an outstanding older restoration, remains in excellent condition, and shows that it has been well cared for throughout its life. For instance, its body structure appears to be largely original, with mostly original wood and body hardware throughout, and the metalwork shows no sign of damage. The paint, in two shades of grey and black, is even and well preserved, and the black leather interior remains in fine condition, as does the Haartz cloth top.
The car is well equipped with numerous factory accessories, including the Goddess of Speed radiator mascot, a clock, dual side-mounted spare tires, chrome-spoke wire wheels, dual spot lights, and a rear-mounted trunk rack.